Being un- or under-employed is a time of great anxiety and stress. Saint Cajetan is the patron saint of the unemployed, and our Saint Cajetan Ministry Network is a support ministry dedicated to men and women facing the uncertainty and doubt that comes with unemployment.. How do we do this? By providing a face to face source for spiritual and practical support--a place to unwind, listen to people's job issues and experiences, and build confidence through prayer and guidance.
There are two main components of this ministry:
- Spiritual Support for men and women in their job search via prayers, inspirational stories, and songs to encourage success; and
- Education regarding the job search process.
We meet every two weeks:
- on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. in our Faith Center in the lower level of the rectory, and
- on Thursday evenings from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at Saint Catharine Church in Glen Rock at their Ministry Center. The address is: 905 S. Maple Avenue, Glen Rock, NJ.
See the Calendar for current dates.
What We Do
A typical meeting begins with a prayer and an inspirational story or reflection that speaks to our spirits, and will include short DVDs or music designed to remind you that you are not alone in this search process.
We spend the rest of the meeting helping you with a particular aspect of your job search. Topics include:
- Transferable skills;
- Developing a cover letter that grabs an interviewer's attention;
- Effective networking and the use of social networking tools like LinkedIn;
- Job search strategies;
- Resume preparation and critiquing;
- Interviewing skills and techniques;
- Starting your own business; and
- Personal finance/budgeting.
The meetings often include a featured speaker with practical advice on these areas of concern. There are also networking opportunities at each meeting. If you are aware of any job opportunities or would like to be a mentor, speaker, or part of the team, please do contact any member of the team (see below).
For more information, please email us at StCajetan@stannefairlawnnj.org or call one of the team leaders:
Joe Bonis - 201-390-7169
Lou Cuomo - 201-657-3838
Ed Grzesiak - 201-321-5144
Eamon Jennings - 917-841-2558
John Lederer - 201-286-9354
Jim Trousdale - 917-363-9977
Steve Zmuda - 201-819-9026